Mgs-ians who are dedicated to save the environment

AFS France: Carmen Khoo

During the months of December 2009-January 2010, I was in France for a student exchange programme which I enjoyed immensely.

I would like to share some pictures on this blog, mainly those I've taken of the picturesque places I've been to, and the beautiful effect the snow has on everything it falls on.

(On the side note, it's freeeeezing!)

My host family and I during Christmas 
at my host grandparents' place

My host sister (younger by a year) and I
during the New Year's Eve dinner



Chateau d'Azay-le-Rideau - 
absolutely beautiful place located in Tours

 Another part of the castle
Taken from my host grandparents' 

front garden:







The view from my bedroom window

Snow, snow and more snow

The interior of one of the many
beautiful Roman Catholic cathedrals
(Location: Poitiers)


 La Rochelle

Greetings from China France (Niort)
The pictures below were taken during my skiing trip
:







Second day of arrival 
Eiffel Tower 

The trip has been nothing but wonderful. The experiences I've had, the people I've met, the places I've been to and the amazing little things make this trip truly worthwhile.

There are definitely more things in life that you can learn outside the classroom. The boundaries are endless and it's up to you to seek them out. (And no, I'm not encouraging you to skip classes.)

Stay tuned for Chandini's trip to Italy and Mae Yune's trip to France! :)


0 comments: