Mgs-ians who are dedicated to save the environment

SEAYLP Update

Hey guys, sorry I haven't updated much!

Courses and lectures we've had have been pretty interesting and fun. We had an AWESOME session with the talented Indian-Filipino siblings Shanna and Lakhi Siap on Theatre and the Arts as well as Effective Communication; which was basically a theatre and drama session, and then a public speaking session. they are so much fun and so energetic, I absolutely LOVED their session. We also had sessions on journalism and the official SEAYLP blog is now up and running! Follow the excitingly intense programme of SEAYLP at www.seaylpfall2010.blogspot.com

Well, on the theme of 'Water is Life', so far we've done water tests at 3 rivers; Bubbly Creek at Chicago River, Kishwaukee Lagoon and the Fox River. Water tests are really fun, really dirty, and really COLD. My partner for the water tests is Gabriel from Singapore, and it's been really fun. We got to go into the actual microbiology lab here at NIU and study fecal coliform colonies from the water samples we took at Bubbly Creek. It might have been a little too scientific for some of your tastes but it was FUN doing it all together with the fun people on the SEAYLP program!

You know what has been the most fun? For the past week, I have been staying with the Overhaug family, my HOST FAMILY! YUP, I am staying with this wonderful and fun-loving family for about 10 days, and I'm getting a firsthand experience of American life; from the food to the TV, to racing dirt bikes and four-wheelers to attending church service. I absolutely love my new family; mom, dad, grandma, sisters Teagan and Rhyan and brother Lukas!

Oh, and this program would NOT be complete without my new roomie and a wonderful friend, GENE PNG from Singapore! I absolutely love Gene, and we are having so much fun!

I've got to go now, cause it's like really late right now, but I will update when I can! If I can't, though, just check the official SEAYLP blog okay? It'll be a lot more comprehensive than my harried typing here haha.

Love you all, I MISS MGS!

Marina :)

0 comments: